|Vegetable Momo Recipe|
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
Butter – 2 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Cold water as required
Ingredients for filling
Grated carrot – ¼ cup
Grated cabbage – ¼ cup
Grated tofu or paneer – 2 tbsp
Grated ginger - 1/2"
Minced green chilli - 1 tsp
Chopped spring onion whites – 2 tbsp
Dark soya sauce – ¼ tsp
Ajinomoto - less that 1/4 tsp
Salt and Pepper to taste
|Steamed Wonton Recipe|
1. Combine maida, butter and salt in a bowl. Rub the mixture with fingers until the flour resembles bread crumbs. Add water little by little to the flour mixture and knead to a smooth and tight dough. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and set aside for 10 mins.
2. To make the filling. Squeeze the grated carrot and cabbage to drain any liquid from it. Combine grated carrot, cabbage, tofu, ginger, green chilli, chopped spring onion whites in a bowl, drizzle some soya sauce and sprinkle ajinomoto, little salt and pepper. Mix everything well with a fork.
3. Roll out the prepared wonton dough into thin sheet, dust with some flour and roll out.
4. Cut the dough into equal sized squares.
5. Fill each square with prepared wonton filling and seal the wonton edges with water. Seal it securely so that the filling doesn’t come out while steaming.
6. Bring water to boil in a steamer, grease the steaming plates and place prepared wontons.
7. Steam the wontons for 10 to 15 mins or until cooked.
Serve hot wontons with soy sauce, green chilli vinegar.
Click here for Vegetable Wonton Soup Recipe
|Vegetable Wonton Recipe|