Paneer / Indian Cottage cheese - 1 cup
Onion - 1 no ( grind to paste)
Green chilli - 2 nos ( broken into half)
Grated ginger - 1/2 tsp
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Bay leaf - 1 no
Black Cardamom - 2 nos
Green Cardamom - 2 nos
Saffron soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk - 3 to 4 strands
Salt to taste
Oil or ghee - 2 tbsp
|Creamy Paneer Curry|
1. Chop the paneer into cubes, soak it in hot water for 10 mins, drain from water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add whole spices, add the onion paste and sauté on medium heat for 2 mins( do not brown onion paste).
3. Once the onion paste is cooked, add grated ginger and green chillies, sauté for few seconds.
4. Add 1/2 cup of water to the pan, increase heat and bring gravy to boil.
5. When gravy starts boiling season with salt, add the paneer pieces and stir well.
6. Reduce the pan heat to medium, add coconut milk and saffron soaked in milk to the pan.
7. Simmer stew on low heat for 3 mins without covering the pan( if you cover the pan with lid the coconut milk tends to curdle).
|Paneer Recipes for Chapathi|