|Hot and Sour Paneer|
Paneer cubed - 250 gms
Onion diced - 1 no
Tomato chopped ( pulp and seed removed) - 1 no
Capsicum diced - 1 no
Ginger minced - 1 tsp
Red chilli sauce - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Tomato sauce or ketchup - 1 tsp
Vinegar or lime juice - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
White pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Ajinomoto - less than 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Spring onion greens to garnish
Oil - 2 tsp
Cornflour paste ( mix 1 tbsp cornflour with less the 1/4 cup cold water)
|Indian Chinese Paneer Recipes|
1. It's optional to deep fry the paneer pieces in oil and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add diced onion, ginger and capsicum, give a quick stir on high heat.
3. Chopped tomato and paneer pieces, give quick stir for few seconds.
4. Reduce heat to medium, add red chilli sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, white pepper and ajinomoto to the pan.
5. Again stir well and add a cup of water, bring the gravy to boil.
6. Add the cornflour paste to the gravy and keep stirring. When gravy starts to thicken immediately remove from heat, garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
Serve hot with steamed rice, fried rice or noodles.