Leftover Idli ( at least a day old) - 6 nos
Onion chopped - 1 no
Tomato chopped - 1 no
Mixed vegetable finely chopped - 1 cup
Fried Cashew nuts - 10 nos
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves chopped - 1/4 cup
Pulao masala / garam masala - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Water to sprinkle
Cumin - 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1" piece
|Masala Idli Upma|
1. Break the Idli into crumbs with fingers.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, cinnamon stick, curry leaves and onion, sauté until onions are soft.
3. Add mixed vegetables to the pan and sauté for a minute.
4. Next add the chopped tomato and cook tomato until soft.
5. Now add red chilli powder, pulao masala, turmeric powder, salt to the pan and stir well for a minute.
6. Reduce pan heat to medium and sprinkle little water to the pan to get slight gravy.
7. Add the crumbed Idli to the pan, stir well, cover pan with lid and cook on low heat for 3 mins.
8. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fried cashew nuts, serve hot.