Leftover Idli ( at least a day old) - 4 nos
Diced onion and capsicum - required
Red chilli powder - 3/4 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter or Ghee - 2 tsp
Chat masala powder to sprinkle over kebab
1. Chop the Idli into cubes.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except chat masala powder, if required sprinkle little water and mix well so that Idli cubes, onions and capsicum are coated with masala.
3. Pre heat oven, skewer the Idli, onion and capsicum into metal or wooden skewers.
4. Place on the top rack of the oven and bake until Idli kebabs are crisp and golden in color.
5. Sprinkle some chat masala on Idli kebabs and serve with mint chutney and ketchup.