|Baked Tortilla Chips|
All purpose flour / Maida flour- 1 cup
Cooking soda - 1/4 tsp
Butter or Olive Oil or Lard- 2 tbsp
Hot water- 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
|Tortilla Chips with Salsa|
1. In a large bowl combine flour, cooking soda, required salt and butter, mix well with your fingers until it resembles bread crumbs.
2. Add hot water to the flour little by little and knead flour for 10 mins until a smooth and soft dough is formed.
3. Set aside the tortilla dough for 5 mins. Take a lemon sized dough and roll out into thin and even circle. Prick flattened dough with fork and cut into several triangle shapes.
4. Pre - heat oven to 200c, place the triangle shaped dough pieces on a oven proof cookie sheet or tray leaving some spaces between each dough.
5. Bake until tortilla chips are crisp and golden browned.
6. Place the chips on wire rack allow to cool and store it in air tight container.
Serve with Mexican Salsa----> click for the salsa recipe