|Meen Kurma Recipe|
Fish pieces - 1/2 kg
Onion chopped - 1 no
Tomato chopped - 1 no
Ginger and garlic paste - 2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp ( optional if extra heat is needed)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 3 tsp
Curry leaves few
For masala paste
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Cinnamon - 1/2" stick
Cloves - 2 nos
Cardamom - 2 nos
|Fish Korma South Indian Recipe|
1. Clean fish pieces, apply little turmeric powder and set aside.
2. Grind coconut masala paste ingredients to smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and curry leaves, sauté for few seconds.
4. Add ginger & garlic paste to the pan, sauté until raw smell of ginger & garlic paste leaves.
5. Next add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until tomatoes are soft.
6. Now add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder and ground coconut paste to the pan and sauté for few seconds.
7. Add a cup of water to the pan, season with salt and bring the gravy to boil. When the gravy starts boiling add the fish pieces and simmer kurma on low heat for 5 mins.
Serve hot fish kurma with Chapathi, Idli or Dosa.