|Pasta Vegetable Stew|
Macaroni ( or any short variety pasta uncooked) - 1 cup
Onion ( diced and separated to layers) - 1 no
Capsicum diced - 1 no
Carrot thinly sliced - 1 no
Fresh or frozen peas - 1/4 cup
Green chilli - 1 to 2 nos ( broken into half)
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Bay leaf - 1 no
Milk - 1/2 cup
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
White pepper and salt to taste
Butter - 1 tbsp
1. Cook the pasta until 3/4th done in boiling water, drain cooked pasta, rinse in cold water couple of times, mix pasta with 1/2 tsp oil and set aside.
2. Heat butter in a pan, when butter starts to melt add cumin seeds and bay leaf. When cumin seeds splutter add diced onions, broken green chilli, carrot, peas and capsicum to the pan, toss the pan and cook veggies for a minute( veggies need not be fully cooked they should retain crunchiness).
3. Add milk to the pan, bring to boil. When milk and veggies starts boiling add 3/4th cooked pasta to pan and stir well. Season pasta with white pepper and salt and cook pasta in milk for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce pan heat, add coconut milk to the pasta in pan and simmer for minute.
Serve hot with buttered toast.
1. For non vegetarian version you can use cooked and shredded chicken in the recipe and can increase heat with few more green chillies.
2. You also finally add boiled and sliced eggs to the pasta stew.