|Saag Paneer Resturant Style|
Spinach - 1 bunch
Paneer / Indian cottage cheese - 300 gms
Thick cream - 4 tbsp
Onion chopped - 1 no + 1 no
Tomato chopped - 1 no
Green chilli - 1 no
Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
|Palak Paneer Restaurant Style|
1. Wash the spinach, chop it and set aside.
2. Chop the paneer into pieces, soak it in hot water for 10 mins, drain and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tsp butter in a pan, add 1 no chopped onion, sauté for few seconds, remove on to plate and set aside.
4. In the same pan add the chopped spinach and sauté for 2 mins until spinach had shrunk, cool the spinach and purée in a mixer blender with green chilli.
5. Wipe the same pan and return to heat. Add 2 tbsp butter to the pan, when butter starts to melt add cumin seeds and allow to crackle. Increase pan heat, add the other chopped onion to the pan and sauté till onions are soft.
6. Add ginger & garlic paste to the pan and sauté until raw smell leaves.
7. Now add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook till tomatoes are soft.
8. Next add red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and required salt
to the pan, sauté for a minute on low heat.
9. Add the puréed spinach and soaked paneer to the pan, stir well until everything is mixed.
10. Remove pan from heat, finally add the thick cream and butter sauted onions to the pan and stir
|Restaurant Style Recipes|