|Meal maker Fried Rice|
Soya Chunks – 20 nos ( I used tiny varieties around 1 cup )
Basmati rice cooked – 2 cups
Carrot small chopped finely – 1 no
Beans finely chopped – 4 nos
Spring onion – 5 stalks ( both green and whites chopped )
White pepper powder and Salt to taste
Ajinomoto – ¼ pinch
Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Ingredients to marinade soya chunks
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Ginger and garlic paste – ½ tsp
Soy sauce – ½ tsp
Salt – less than ¼ tsp
Corn flour – 1 tsp
Water – 1 tsp ( optional)
|Soya Chunks Fried Rice|
1. Boil soya chunks in salted water, drain and squeeze excess water from soya chunks.
2. In a bowl add the ingredients given under soya chunks marinade and mix to smooth paste. Add the cooked soya chunks to this paste and mix gently. Set aside for 5 mins.
3. Boil basmati rice in salted water until its cooked and grains are firm. Spread the cooked rice on a large plate and allow it to cool.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the marinated soya chunks and stir fry until they are slightly crisp. Remove the fried soya chunks to a plate.
5. In the same pan heat 2 tbsp oil, add the chopped carrot, beans, spring onion whites and fried soya chunks, stir fry on high heat for a minute. Add the cooked rice to the pan, season with ajinomoto, required salt and white pepper, stir fry again for 2 minutes.
6. Finally garnish with spring onion greens and mix well.
7. Serve hot soya chunks fried rice with sidedish of your choice.
|Meal Maker Recipes|