Coarse Semolina / Rava - 1 cup
Milk - 1 and 1/2 Cups
Water - 1/2 Cup
Sugar - 2 and 1/4 cup
Ghee( melted) - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Cashew nuts broken - 10 nos
Raisins / Sultans - 2 tbsp
Kesari color - few pinch
1. Roast Rava until aroma rises and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, fry cashewnuts and raisins.
3. Bring water and milk to boil in a pan.
4. When milk and water mixture starts to boil add roasted rava slowly and keep stirring to avoid lumps, reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes in milk.
5. Add sugar, cardamom powder, food color, fried cashewnuts and raisins along with ghee to cooked rava.
6. Now rava kesari will loosen as the sugar starts to melt, at this point remove pan from heat.
7. Allow the paal rava kesari to warm, scoop out kesari with round ladle and place on serving plates.
|Paal Rava Kesari|