I would suggest you to use 3 hole Thenkuzhal plate in murukku press, because if you use single hole plate the murukku is very delicate and will break into pieces easily.
|Arisi Maavu Thenkuzhal|
Rice flour - 2 cup
Urad dal - 4 tbsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Hing / Asafetida - less than 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
1. Roast urad dal until golden brown and nice aroma rises, allow to cool and grind to very fine flour.
2. Combine rice flour, urad dal flour, ghee, hing and salt to a bowl, mix well and knead to a soft and slightly sticky dough by adding required water.
4. Grease murukku press with little ghee, place 3 hole Thenkuzhal plate inside press and fill murukku press with prepared dough.
5. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan to deep fry, grease a 2 to 3 thick plastic cover or ziplock bags, squeeze murukku dough onto plastic covers.
6. Gently flip the squeezed dough from plastic cover to your hand and Carefully drop into hot oil, continue with rest of dough.
7. Deep fry murukku on low heat until golden color and until bubbling stops.
8. Drain murukku onto paper towel and once it is cooled to room temperature store it in airtight box.