Besan flour - 1.5 cups
Rice flour - 2.5 cups
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Black pepper corns - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
|Kadalai maavu murukku|
1. Grind pepper and cumin to powder in a mixer grinder, let it be slightly coarse.
2. Sieve besan flour and rice flour in a bowl, add powdered pepper & cumin, ghee and required salt to sieved flour.
3. Knead to soft and slightly sticky dough by adding required water.
4. Grease murukku press with little ghee, place Mullu Murukku( star hole) plate inside press and fill murukku press with prepared dough.
5. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan to deep fry, slightly grease slotted ladle( jalli karandi) with oil, squeeze murukku dough onto ladle in round shape.
6. Carefully drop mullu murukku into hot oil, continue with rest of dough.
7. Deep fry murukku on low heat until golden color and until bubbling stops.
8. Drain murukku onto paper towel and once it is cooled to room temperature store it in airtight box.