|Ribbon Pakoda Recipe|
Rice flour - 2 cups
Besan flour - 1/2 cup
Pottukadalai / Roasted gramdal - 1/2 cup
Black sesame seeds - 2 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Asafetida - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp + more if needed
Oil to deep fry
1. Grind pottukadalai to fine powder, sieve it and set aside.
2. Mix rice flour, besan flour, pottukadalai powder, red chilli powder, sesame seeds, butter, asafetida and salt in a bowl.
3. Add water little by little to the flour mixture and knead to soft non sticky dough.
4. Heat oil in a kadai or deep pan to deep fry, meanwhile cover dough with damp cloth to prevent from drying.
5. Grease murukku press with little butter, place ribbon pakoda plate( with two straight line holes) inside the murukku press and fill murukku press with dough.
6. Squeeze ribbon pakoda dough into hot oil in round shape.
7. Deep fry ribbon pakoda on low heat until golden in color and bubbling stops.
8. Drain ribbon pakoda on paper towel and once cooled to room temperature store it in air tight box.
9. Continue the same with rest of dough.
|Nada Thenkuzhal Recipe|
1. You can avoid pottukadalai flour and double quantity of besan flour( for 2 cup rice flour use 1 cup besan flour).
2. Squeeze ribbon pakoda dough in hot oil otherwise ribbon pakoda will go into pieces.
3. Use 1 tsp garlic powder in recipe if preferred.