|Lost the original image - will upload soon|
Besan flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Ajwain / Omam - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - to deep fry
Butter - 2 tbsp
1. Roast ajwain and dry grind to powder in mixer, soak this Oman powder in 1/4 cup water for 10 mins. Using tea strainer, strain and collect Oman water in a bowl and discrad the residue.
2. In a bowl combine besan flour, rice flour, Oman water and salt, slightly heat butter and add it to the above mixture. Mix well to get soft sticky dough.
3. Grease murukku press with little butter, place sev plate( one with tiny holes) inside the murukku press and fill murukku press with prepared dough.
4. Squeeze dough directly to hot oil and cook until golden brown.
5. Drain sev on paper towel, allow to cool to room temperature then gently crush.
Store it in airtight container.
Ajwain does not grind to fine powder in mixer because of very little quantity, if you have mortar and pestle better pound with your hand.