|Chicken Seekh Kabab|
Minced chicken - 500 gms
Besan flour - 1/4 cup
Garlic cloves minced - 6 nos
Ginger minced - 2" piece
Pudina / Mint leaves minced - handful
Coriander leaves minced - handful
Red chilly powder - 2 heaped tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 heaped tsp
Egg( beaten) - 1 no
Salt to taste
Ghee or butter for basting
Wooden or Metal skewers - required
|Minced Chicken Kebab|
1. Roast besan flour in a non stick pan on low heat until slightly turns pale in color and aroma rises, set aside and allow to cool.
2. Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 mins to prevent skewers catching fire.
3. Mix minced chicken, garlic, ginger, herbs, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, beaten egg, required salt and roasted besan flour to a bowl. Mix well until soft dough is formed.
4. Grease your right palm with oil, hold bottom tip of the skewer in your left hand, take a handful of chicken mixture in your right hand and shape it into ball. Place skewer in the chicken ball and start spreading the chicken mixture along skewer evenly and thinly( if you spread it thick and heavily the chicken mixture will drop from skewer). Continue same with rest of mixture.
Method to cook on tawa or pan
1. Heat tawa or flat pan, when hot place the prepared chicken skewer on the pan in a row leaving some space in between.
2. Cook them on low heat for about 10 to 12 mins, smear ghee or butter on the chicken skewer and keep turning the skewers so it evenly cooks on all sides until golden brown.
1. Pre-heat oven at 200c, place prepared chicken skewers on the grill in a row leaving some same in between.
2. Place the grill tray on the top rack of the oven( so direct heat falls on chicken skewer).
3. Cook for about 10 to 12 mins, bast ghee or butter with brush on the chicken skewer and keep turning the skewers so it evenly cooks on all sides until golden brown.
|Seekh Kabab on grill|