two

Search this blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chettinad Kozhi Kurma/ Chettinad Chicken Korma.

Chettinad Chicken Korma
Ingredients
Chicken pieces-250gms
Ginger and garlic paste-2tbsp
Coriander and Curry leaves-1cup
Salt to taste

For tempering
Cinnamon stick-1"
Cloves-6
Cardamom-2
Sombhu/Aniseed/ fennel seed-1tsp

For masala paste-grind to coarse paste
Onion big-1
Toamto big-1
Garlic clove-4
Aniseed/ Sombhu/ fennel seed powder-2tbsp
Red chilly powder-2tbsp
Coriander powder-2tbsp
Turmeric-1/4tsp

For coconut paste-grind to smooth paste
Coconut grated-4tbsp
Kuskus/ Poppy seeds roasted-1tbsp
Cashewnut-5

Method 
Pressure cook the chicken pieces with turmeric and 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste, until the chicken is 3/4 done. Heat enough oil in a kadai, add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and sombhu. When the aroma rises add 1tbsp ginger and garlic paste, fry for few mins until the raw smell leaves, now add the coarsely ground masala paste and fry until the masala is cooked and oil separates. Now add the cooked chicken pieces and finely ground coconut paste, add enough water and season with salt. Bring the mixture to boil and simmer for 5mins. Check the seasoning and finaly add the curry and coriander leaves. Serve hot with Chapati, Idli, Dosa or Steamed Rice.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

ayyo!y u tempting me d?...luks adipoli!

Priya dharshini said...

luks yum..send some to me

Angie's Recipes said...

Mye, that's a great photo! And so is the dish! The colour of this chicken curry has made me crave for some curry too!

Priya Suresh said...

Mouthwatering chicken chettinad Mythreyi...lovely dish!

Unknown said...

My fav...chicken recipe..looks tremendous...makes me hungry..Feel like having it.:)

Dori said...

Ah, I never get tired of chicken curry's!

Vrinda said...

Colorful and spicy chicken curry...

San said...

Pretty much colorful and amazing click.Chettinad recipes have been so spicy n yum always ,this is ridiculous.

Prasukitchen.blogspot.com said...

Mouth watering Pics

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

Hi da...

Thanku so much for ur lovely comments..:) Wonderful chicken curry.I love chettinad dishes..

Abhilash said...

This chicken is going to be eaten with my chapatties. You chicken is rich in gravey and my friends will surely like this recipe.

When I was in my starters in kitchen, my chicken never came in this manner :) the gravey used to be seperate and chicken had a seperate raw colour.

After a cople of advice from my mother and tries I suceeded to prepare something eatable.

I can try this chicken recipe now.

You chicken curry loooks really delicious.

Sushma Mallya said...

Loved Ur version of spicy chettinad gravy...Wonderful click too...looks very delicious

Padma said...

Nice tempting gravy Myethreyi... looks superb :)

Urmi said...

Chicken curry looks delicious. The pictures are excellent and mouth watering.

Malar Gandhi said...

Looks so lovely, nice color you got there.

B/n I liked ur laddo recipe too, below...awesome click.

Bergamot said...

Looks yummy..one of my favourite chicken recipes. When I decide to make an Indian meal with chicken, I generally end up selecting this one. Next time, will check if you got some secret ingredients ;-) since mine is straight out of a cookbook.

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

amazing chicken... My fav at the local Indian restaurant...
Lovely blog - loved lots of dishes here...

Vikis Kitchen said...

Very tempting recipe again. Chettinad chicken looks delicious.

pria said...

Such a lovey colour, its a real tempting one

Suparna said...

yumm looking spicy chicken ...I love chettinad cuisine for the spice factor...cant bear spicy food though ;) good one mye!
I loved the son laddos of the previous post too! looks amazing :)
TC

Srikitchen said...

wow! looks delicious!

my kitchen said...

Mouthwatering kozhi kuzhambu

petite nyonya said...

I'm SO going to get some curry chicken tmrw after seeing your lovely dishes again!!