|Singapore Noodles with Shrimp|
Fresh Noodles - 400 gms
Prawns medium sized - 20 nos
Capsicum thickly sliced - ¼ cup
Capsicum finely chopped – ¼ cup
Onion thickly sliced - ¼ cup
Onion finely chopped - ¼ cup
Ginger minced - 1 tsp
Readymade Sweet chilli garlic sauce – ¼ cup or see below tips for homemade version
Sugar – ¼ tsp
Chilli powder / paprika – ¼ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Peanut oil or Vegetale oil - 3 tsp
|Singapore Prawn Noodles|
1. Marinate the prawns with sweet chilli garlic sauce, sugar, chilli powder and salt for atleast 15 mins.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil in a wok, when wok is smoking hot add thickly sliced capsicum and onions, quickly stir fry for a minute to retain its crunchiness, remove onto a plate and set aside.
3. In the same pan heat 2 tsp oil, add chopped onions, capsicums and minced ginger stir fry for a minute.
4. Next add marinated prawns along with the marinate sauce to the onion mixture in the pan, add a tbsp of water and cook until prawns are done and sauce had slightly thickened.
5. Now add the noodles to the pan and stir fry until the sauce is well coated on the noodles.
6. Finally add the sliced sautéed onion and capsicum to the noodles, stir well and serve.
1. I have used fresh noodles for this recipe, fresh noodles have chewy texture when compared to dried noodles. If fresh noodles are not available try substituting it with dried noodles. Cook the dried noodles al dente as per box instructions, drain the cooked noodles, toss with generous oil and set aside.
2. This recipe uses store bought sweet chilli garlic sauce you can replace it with homemade chilli garlic sauce. Soak 4 to 5 kashmiri red chilies and 2 to 3 peeled garlic cloves in ¼ cup boiling water for 5 mins, drain the soaked chilli and garlic and grind to smooth paste with 1 tsp vinegar and 2 tsp sugar.
3. When using homemade chilli garlic sauce for this recipe mix 1 tsp corn-flour diluted in 2 tbsp cold water to the homemade sweet chilli garlic sauce.
|Chilli Garlic Prawn Noodles|