|Kari Ayam recipe|
Chicken pieces with bone - 500 gms
Potatoes peeled and diced - 2 nos
Onion chopped - 1 no
Curry leaves - few
Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Thick coconut milk - 500 ml
Sugar - 1 tsp ( optional)
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
For Curry powder
( roast and grind below ingredients to powder)
Coriander seeds - 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
Dried red chillies - 4 to 5 nos
Peppercorns - 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 2" piece
Fried onions to garnish (optional)
|Malaysian Chicken Curry|
1. Heat oil in a pan, when hot add onions, curry leaves and saute till onions browned.
2. Add ginger & garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
3. Add potatoes, chicken pieces and curry powder to pan. Saute until chicken turns pale.
4. Add 1 cup coconut milk and 1/4 cup water to the pan, simmer chicken covered on medium heat for 15 mins.
5. Uncover pan add rest of coconut milk, sugar and salt, simmer curry uncovered for few more mins until curry thickened.
Serve hot chicken curry garnished with fried onion rings and drizzle lemon juice on top.