|Manglore Bonda Recipe|
Maida - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Curd - 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chilies chopped - 2 nos
Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
Cooking soda / Baking soda - pinch
Ginger minced - 1 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Water - 1/2 cup (plus more if required)
|Manglore Bajji Recipe|
1. Heat oil in a pan to deep fry.
2. Meanwhile mix maida, rice flour and cooking soda in a bowl.
3. in another bowl whisk curd with cumin seeds, green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves, salt and water.
4. Add the curd mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix well until a smooth lump free batter is formed.
5. Batter should be slightly thick so it doesn’t absorb lot of oil.
6.Add spoonful of batter to hot oil, you can add many bonda batters depending on the size of kadai but do not over crowd
7. Fry the bondas on medium heat for 3 mins until crispy and golden brown on outside.
Serve hot with coconut chutney