|Roti Canai Recipe|
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Butter - 1/4 cup
Oil - 1/4 cup
Water - 3/4 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl except oil, knead dough for 10 mins until smooth and soft.
2. Place dough in a bowl, pour 1/4 cup oil over dough, cover bowl with damp towel and set aside dough for 4 hours.
3. Divide dough into equal sized balls, oil the kitchen counter, take one dough ball and flatten it on counter with palm and spread dough onto kitchen counter as much as possible by pulling dough from corners.
4. Dough must be spread as thin as possible, the counter top must be visible.
5. Gather the dough by making pleats like pleating paper fan or saree. Roll it from center to form disc and tuck end of dough to center.
6. Again flatten the pleated disc on counter top to form medium circle.
7. Continue the same with rest of the dough.
8. Heat a griddle or tawa and cook the flattened discs until golden browned on both sides for 3 mins.
9. Place cooked roti canai one on another on a plate, slightly dab on the sides of roti canai to make it flaky.
Serve hot with Kari ayam.