|Egg Malai Curry|
White Onions medium - 2 nos
Green chilli - 1 no
Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 3 nos
Kashmiri chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts - 10 nos
Kasuri methi - 1/4 tsp
Thick cream - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 to 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter - 50 gms
Oil - 1 tsp
|Egg Malai Masala|
1. Boil the eggs, remove its shell and cut each egg into halve.
2. Toast kasuri methi in a pan, crush between palms and set aside.
3. Heat oil in pan, add roughly chopped onion, green chilli and ginger & garlic paste, saute until onion turns transparent and raw smell of ginger & garlic leaves.
4. Next add cardamom, cashewnuts, cumin powder and kashmiri chilli powder to the onions and saute for 3 mins on low heat.
5. Remove pan from heat and allow onion mixture to cool, grind the onion mixture to smooth paste adding few tsp water if required.
6. Wipe the same pan and return to heat, add butter to the pan, when butter starts to melt add the ground onion paste to the pan.
7. Saute the ground onion paste on low heat for 3 mins, add sugar, crushed kasuri methi and required salt to the onion gravy and mix well.
8. Remove the pan from heat, add thick cream to the onion gravy and stir well.
9. Add the halved eggs to the malai gravy and garnish with few kasuri methi leaves.
Serve hot Egg malai curry with naan, jeera rice or pulao
Paneer can be substituted in place of eggs for Paneer Malai Curry.
|Egg Butter Masala|