|Mushroom Lasagna Recipe|
Lasagna sheets - 250 gms
Canned mushroom - 1 can
Celery minced - 1/4 cup
White onion minced - 1/4 cup
Roma tomatoes - 5 nos
Peeled and crushed garlic - 2 nos
Dried oregano - 2 tbsp
Sugar and Salt to taste
Parmesan cheese - 2 cups
Olive oil - 4 tbsp
Fresh chopped Basil and Parsley - 3 tsp each
|Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe|
1. Cook lasagna sheets al-dent as per boxed instructions, spread little oil to the cooked lasagnas and set aside.
2. Drain the canned mushrooms from brine, wash mushroom in water and drain again, thinly slice the mushroom and set aside.
3. Blanch tomatoes in hot water for 8 to 10 mins or until tomatoes skin slightly cracks.
4. Remove blanched tomatoes from hot water, allow tomatoes to cool and remove its skin.
5. Puree the blanched and peeled tomatoes along with garlic in a blender.
6. Heat oil in a pan, add minced onion and celery, saute on low heat for 2 mins.
7. Now add the thinly sliced mushrooms to the pan and saute for few seconds.
8. Add ground tomato puree, chopped parsley, chopped basil, dried oregan, sugar and required salt to the mushroom mixture in the pan, stir everything well and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 mins until sauce thickens.
9. Once sauce thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool.
|Parmesan Mushroom Lasagna|
1. Take a non stick loaf pan or lasagna pan, spread mushroom sauce mixture at the bottom of pan.
2. Next place a layer of cooked pasta sheet over top of sauce.
3. If there are any gaps found, cut some pasta sheet into strips and layer on the gap.
4. Again spread mushroom sauce mixture over cooked pasta sheet.
5. Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese over mushroom sauce and top it again with pasta sheet.
6. Continue the same process with rest of pasta sheet, mushroom sauce and parmesan cheese.
7. The final top layer of lasagna should be generously layered mushroom sauce and parmesan cheese.
8. Pre-heat oven at 200°c and place the loaf pan filled with lasagna in the middle rack of the oven.
9. Bake the lasagna for 8 to 10 mins or until top layer of cheese turns golden and bubbly.
You can substitute freshly chopped parsley and basil with dried ones
|Quick Mushroom Lasagna|