I love fall season and I love its beautiful colours. So I thought of sharing wonderful butternut squash recipe from Ivy Liacopoulou of Kopiaste.
If you have a favourite butternut squash recipe please do share with me...waiting to hear from you.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 baking dish (about 12 pieces)
- 2 lbs butternut Squash, grated
- 1 lbs spinach, squeezed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lbs feta, crumbled
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup fennel fronds, finely chopped
- Salt (with caution) and freshly grated black pepper
- A pinch of cumin
- 1.5 lbs corn meal
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml Greek yogurt 2%
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp margarine divided (to grease the baking tin and to add on top)
- Grate the pumpkin and mix all the filling ingredients.
- In a large bowl add the crumble ingredients and mix using your hand until the ingredients are well blended to form the crumble. If you still see corn meal, add more olive oil, if necessary.
- Grease a 35 x 25 cm baking tin with 2 tbsp margarine. Add half of the crumble on the baking tin.
- Add the filling on top and sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of the filling.
- Add the remaining margarine in small pieces scattered all over the baking tin.
- Preheat oven to 180o C / 350o F and bake for about 1 hour or until the crumble is golden on top.
Serve as a main dish, a side dish or a snack.
This sponsorship is brought to you by GLAM Media who we have partnered with for this promotion.