Learn how to make bonda more kulambu ( Lentil dumpling in yogurt curry) in few simple steps.
|Bonda Mor Kuzhmabu|
Ingredients for making Bonda
Urad dal/ Ulundhu paruppu - 1 cup
Rice flour - 4 tbsp
Curry leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
Black peppercorns - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
Ginger minced - 1 tsp
Green chilli chopped - 1 no( optional)
Cooking/ Baking soda - few pinches
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Oil to deep fry
Ingredients for making More Kuzhambu
Curd/Yogurt( beaten) - 3 cups
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Hing/ Asafetida - pinch
Whole red chilly( broken) - 3 nos
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Oil- 2 tsp
(Grind the below ingredients to fine paste)
Toor Dal - 1 tbsp ( soak in few tbsp water for 10 mins)
Raw Rice - 1 tbsp ( soak in few tbsp water for 10 mins)
Coconut shredded -1/4cup
Ginger - 2" piece
Green chilly broken - 5 to 6 nos
|Bonda More Kulambu|
1. First make Bondas by soaking urad dal in water for 2 hours.
2. Drain the dal and grind to smooth batter by adding very little water( a well ground urad dal batter will look like butter and should not stick to your wet finger).
3. To the urad dal batter add salt, cooking soda, curry leaves, pepper corns, cumin seeds, minced ginger and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan to deep fry, when oil is hot, wet you fingers with bowl of water, take a good amount of urad dal batter and shape it into small lemon sized ball.
5. Drop the ball into hot oil carefully and continue with rest of the batter.
6. Once required amount of bondas are dropped into hot oil, reduce the heat and cook the bondas on low heat for 4 to 5 mins turning them all sides.
7. Fry the bondas until golden brown in color and make sure inside is cooked well. Drain the bondas on a paper towel and set aside.
8. Now prepare the More Kuzhambu by whisking beaten curd, turmeric, ground coconut paste and salt in a deep heavy bottomed pan.
9. Mix well the curd mixture and add 3/4 cup water.
10. Place the pan on heat and bring the curd mixture to boil, allow to boil for 5 mins.
11. In a tadka pan heat oil, add the whole red chilly, mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafetida.
12. When the mustard seeds crackels, add this tadka to the More kuzhambu and mix well.
13. Add deep fried bondas to the more kuzhambu before serving.
|Mor Kuzhambu with Bonda|
Bonda should not be soaked in more kuzhambu for too long.
Bonda will absorb the more kuzhambu and will get soggy and no gravy will be left.