|Mixed Non Veg Biryani|
Chicken( boneless breast) - 200 gms
Prawns - 12 nos or 200 gms
Fish fillet without bone - 1 no or 150 gms
Basmati Rice - 2 and 1/2 cups ( around 485 gms)
Red onion - 3 nos
Tomatoes - 1 and 1/2 no
Ginger and Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Green Chilli slit - 2 nos
Red Chilli powder - 1 and 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp( optional)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Mint leaves chopped - 1 cup
Coriander leaves chopped -1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Oil - 3 tbsp
Whole garam masalas
Cinnamon - 1 stick
Cardamom - 4 nos
Cloves - 6 nos
Bay leaf - 2 nos
Mace - little( optional)
Star anise - 1 no( optional)
|Biryani with chicken prawn and fish|
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in 4 cups water.
2. Cut boneless chicken breast into strips.
3. Remove the prawn shell, tail and devein them.
4. Cut fish into thick chunks or slices.
5. Marinate chicken strips, prawns and fish pieces with 1 tbsp ginger&garlic paste and few pinch of turmeric powder.
1.Heat oil in a pan, when oil is hot add the whole garam masalas. Saute for a minute and add the chopped onions to the pan.
2. When onions are soft, add slit green chilli, ginger&garlic paste to the pan and saute for a minute.
3. Add the chopped mint leaves to the pan and saute until mint leaves are shrunk. Now add the chopped tomatoes to pan and cook until tomatoes are soft and mushy.
4. Add the marinated chicken and prawn to the pan( fish can be added later) and saute until chicken turns pale in colour.
5. Now add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt to the pan and saute for few seconds.
6. Next add the water in which rice is soaked into the pan and bring everything to boil, once gravy starts boiling cover pan with lid and simmer on medium heat for 10 to 15 mins until chicken is cooked.
7. Once chicken and prawn are cooked add the fish slices gently to the pan and cook for 2 mins.
8. Now gently add basmati rice to the pan, mix the rice gently without breaking the fish.
9. Again cover pan with tight lid and simmer for another 10 mins until rice is cooked soft and fluffy.
10. Garnish Mixed Biryani with chopped coriander and serve with boiled egg and Red onion Raita.
1. I had used India gate classic basmati rice, the water propotion for 1 cup rice is 1.5 cups water.
2. As we are cooking a combination of meat its wise to use boneless chicken meat cut into strips for quick and even cooking.
3. Fish cooks faster than prawn and chicken. So fish cubes can be added before adding the rice.