|Chinese Takeaway Style Fried Noodles|
Good quality of dried noodles - 200 gms
Any kind of veggies( I used zucchini and carrots) - one of each
Spring onions - 3 nos
Eggs - 2 nos ( optional)
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Oyster sauce - 1 tsp
Salt, white pepper and sugar to taste
Oil - 3 tsp
1. Cook the dried noodles in salted boiling water for 3 mins or until cooked to *al-dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Whisk the eggs with pinch of salt. Make scrambled eggs in hot wok with 1 tsp oil and set aside.
3. Chop the veggies and both greens and whites of spring onions.
4. In a small bowl mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, 2 big pinches of sugar, 2 big pinches of white pepper and a pinch of salt.
1. Heat oil in a wok or pan until smoking, add veggies to the pan and give a quick stir fry for few seconds.
2. Now add the scrambled eggs and boiled noodles to the pan and quickly stir fry.
3. Next add the prepared sauce, chopped spring onions to the pan and stir fry until everything is mixed well with noodles.
4. Serve hot immediatley.
|Chinese Style Fried Noodles|
1. *Al-dente means the noodles has to boiled until cooked but has to be firm.
2.If you are vegan omit adding eggs to the recipe.
3. You can add boiled and shredded chicken or cooked prawns to the above recipe.
4. If you have any kind of chinese sauce in your pantry just go ahead be creative and play with your sauce to make above recipe.
5. Tosted sesame oil is largely used in chinese cooking for stir fries but you can use sunflower oil, blended vegetable oil or canola oil. But extra virgin olive oils do not suit asian cooking.