Basmati rice - 2 cups
Mushroom( Portobello or White Button) - 500 gms
Onion medium sliced - 2 nos
Green chili( broken into half) - 2 nos
Garam masala powder - 3 tsp
Ajinomoto - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
Saffron ( soaked in 1tsp milk) - 8 strands
Salt to taste
Oil and Butter - 2 tbsp each
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in 3 cups water, in a rice cooker add basmati rice along with water in wich its soaked and season with 1 tsp salt, mix well. Cook rice until tender.
2. When rice is cooked spread rice on a large plate, sprinkle oil on rice( to prevent rice sticking to each other) and allow to cool.
3. Heat oil and butter in a pan, add sliced onions, mushrooms and green chilli. Saute for few seconds and reduce pan heat to the lowest. Now add garam masala powder, ajinomoto and 1/4 tsp salt to the pan and mix well.
4. Increase pan heat to high, add the cooked rice to the pan and mix well until the mushroom and rice are blended well. Remove from heat.
5. Finally add the saffron milk along with saffron strands on the mushroom pulao and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot mushroom pulao with any curry.